The past few weeks I have been digging deeper into life and spirituality, I feel as if I’m on a new journey of finding my true self. A journey to a more purposeful life. I’ve been searching for myself and better days, I’ve been searching for answers. Why is the world the way that it…
Sometimes in life, we lose. But every loss can turn into a gain if we allow it. Think about it, when you misplace important things you might get frustrated, you might even panic. When you sit down a minute and think about things, you remember where that item is or you learn to be more…
Well I did it! I featured 5 bloggers for 5 weeks straight, each blogger had 5 whole days dedicated to them and I’m so pleased how things turned out. There were times I thought I was going to give up, there were times I just wanted to start my new journey and not have any commitments left from GoldenPinkJournal. There were times that I wondered if I would be able to come up with 5 different posts for the same blogger. Normally when we dedicate a post to another blogger it’s all at once.
It wasn’t easy but it wasn’t extremely difficult either because each of them are amazing bloggers and I had nothing but great things to say. This is the very last post for the features and I want to give one last thank you to Maggie, Pamela, Cherylene, Dakota, and Laura!
Now let’s check out this app:)
The app I’ll be sharing is called Photo Lab: Picture Editor. I’ve seen it in the App Store several times but never really thought to try it out. I didn’t think I had reason to. But I’m glad I finally did, it may not be as useful for blogging like other apps I shared, but it’s actually pretty cool.
You can choose from a variety of categories, each with their own cool filters to choose from.
Here is a picture made using a frame in the Amazing Frames category. I’m using Laura’s picture who blogs over at Lauzie’s Lifestyle. Once you choose your photo and frame you will see options to animate, add text, or art and effects.
You can also add text, I must say that the font options are limited but I wouldn’t use this app for adding text anyway. As usual, you will get a watermark unless you pay for the full version which comes with all features unlocked. I really love the choices I chose for Laura, dont they look nice? Her pictures did a great job demonstrating this apps features.
Head over to her blog and check out her Birthday post, “How To Celebrate Your Birthday.”
A few updates…
- My next post will be the last feature for my 500 Follower Q&A Game Series, I’ll be sharing another app
- You may have noticed I haven’t been on Instagram much this past week, a lot has been going on. Also, I’m going to have to make another change there. UGH! So much change. There will also be something new with Twitter but i’m focusing on Instagram at the moment.
- I said I was going to start my new blog right after I am done with features but I have decided to give myself 2 more weeks. This is so I can make final adjustments, be sure things are the way I want, get a few posts ready instead of just 1, and for a little rest. A little break from the pressure of uploading almost every day.
- During these next two weeks I won’t be posting much, probably 2 or 3 times if any, and reposting old uploads. I will be using this time to reply to some of my many unanswered comments, and reading some of your posts as I haven’t lately. Expect to catch me in your comments soon:)
- I have reached 700 followers, THANK YOU all so much! Especially since I haven’t been as active💛💛💛
- This next update is kind of a story too: This past week has been full of ups and downs, but there was one moment that was kind of both at the same time. I recently signed up for a free trial on ancestry.com, I don’t know much about my family because I grew up in foster care and with aunts/grandmothers/sisters etc. My mother’s side is the side I know least about since she wasn’t around at all. I do know that she had at least 2 other children and gave them up for adoption. I saw one of them because he was taken away, we were all in court. He was about 1 at the time so not old enough to remember anything. His name is Dewayne and I always remembered that, and that he was a few years younger than I am. That’s all I knew.While searching on Ancestry, I found a few things about my mom and dad, and their parent’s that I already knew. I couldn’t find much more after that and was ready to cancel my free trial. Something told me to try a search one more time before officially giving up. I followed my intuition and searched Dewayne (with my last name) and an estimate of how old he might be. My guess was around 16.
I can’t explain the feeling I got when a name popped up with my mothers name as his mother! I was excited, surprised, and anxious to know more. I really just wanted to cry. It wasn’t a lot of information (only his full name, birthday, and our mother’s name) but it was more than what I had. My brother turned 18 in February. I turned 23 in March. For 18 years, he has not known that he has older siblings out there. For about 23 years I’ve known about him, out there somewhere. It will probably be much longer because I’m sure his last name is changed from adoption. A Facebook search led me nowhere. I wonder If his foster parents has told him much of anything yet? Since he is 18 now… I know some people make public posts when they are searching for a family member, but I guess I wasn’t ready to try that step yet. What if they don’t want him to know, but he has the right doesn’t he? For now I’ll be talking with family and asking more questions. I will continue to search for him until we finally meet. I am one step closer…
Life is changing and moving rapidly, but I feel that I couldn’t be more ready for these changes. I don’t know what will happen in the next few weeks, months, or years but I’m feeling growth happening, I’m feeling blessings coming. I’m feeling there is a great reason for all of this. This is why I’m trying my best to keep positive and keep the faith alive despite all the things that bring a challenge my way. Do you any of you understand this feeling? Have you felt this way before?
This is a question I’ve come across a few times in my life but never really stopped to actually think about it. Sometimes I question whether or not I’m on the right track or living up to my full potential. Sometimes I wonder why exactly I am here, why do I exist? But I never asked myself why I live. That’s probably because I haven’t really been living. Sure, I’m alive in the fact that i’m breathing and typing this but beyond that? I’ve also noticed that I am not the only one, I even see other bloggers having a difficult time lately. We’re all going through some serious life changes and discoveries (of both the world and ourselves).
Cherylene, who blogs at livingvsexisting has written a special guest post that couldn’t have come at a better time! I think we all will benefit from this post in some way so please take the time to read.
Living Versus Existing; Cherylene Nicholas
I believe there are three classifications of people in this world, the ‘living’, the ‘existing’ and the dead.
The ‘living’ take the life they have and make the most use of it. When you are living you are constantly moving, improving and learning. Persons who are ‘existing’ on the other hand are doing just enough to sustain life.
We do this when we go through our daily routines day after day with no real drive or sense of purpose other than to get through the day and hopefully not die while we do so. Our lives can and should be so much more than that.
Some may say to live you must exist and thus to exist is to live. However, although in theory this is true the reality is much different. Many of us go to work, manage families, balance resources, and do our best to take care of everyone else in our lives while inside we are struggling with our own internal issues.
How many of us eat but aren’t full, sleep but don’t rest, hear but don’t listen because we’re so busy trying to survive or play the balancing act with the issues in our lives? Marital issues, relationship drama, poor health, financial burdens, work stress, and so much more can have us distracted, depressed, stressed and unhappy. The challenges of being alive can get to us but how we choose to handle them is what separates the living from the existing.
Here are my Top 15 Signs you are ‘Living’ and not just ‘Existing’.
1. You make time to pamper and treat yourself rather than list excuses why you should not.
2. You make time to do fun things with your family and friends. It is not just about work.
3. You do not allow the challenges that life brings your way to keep you down or depressed.
4. You are always seeking knowledge and wisdom in various areas of your life.
5. You are willing to try new things and explore new places.
6. You do not allow the word “No” to discourage you instead you use it as a motivator to find a solution.
7. You do not allow negativity to steal your joy.
8. You recognize that life is too short to waste it on negative thinking or negative people.
9. You strive to be positive in your thinking and your interactions.
10. You choose to enjoy the good moments; learn from the bad and move forward.
11. You recognize that you don’t exist in this world by yourself and thus you try to help others less fortunate than yourself whenever you can.
12. You recognize and accept that no one is perfect.
13. Your focus is on striving to be your best self and living your best life.
14. You do not leave your happiness to chance.
15. You recognize that true happiness comes from within and thus do not depend on others to make you happy.
Living versus existing is therefore a state of mind that you choose to manifest in your everyday life. Someone who is ‘living’ makes the decision to do more with the life they have and often push themselves to do more because they expect more. A person who is ‘existing’ settles in their thinking and accepts the shortcomings in their life because sometimes they have just lost the will to fight.
My life is not perfect but that does not deter me from wanting to make it better. No matter how tough or challenging things might be right now, believe me when I tell you things can get better. Assess, Review and Take Action.
Ask yourself, am I existing or living?
What is more important however is what are you going to do about it?
The main difference between life and death is that the living gets another chance to do things right while the dead have been taken out of the fight.
After reading this post and paying special attention to Chery’s 15 signs, I realize I definitely have some things I need to work on in order to actually live my life and not simply exist. Some of the statements on the list I have been neglecting and they are definitely a huge reason for some of my worse days. I can proudly say that I have already been working on this. What are your thoughts? Did this list get you thinking about your own life? Do you feel like you have truly been living? Comment your thoughts.✨
There are times when poetry can tell the perfect story. There are times when a poem sums up your entire life, or even just the situation you are in. I love reading and writing those most. You can feel all of the emotion but there’s something about those words that can temporarily take the pain away, or have you thinking differently in a positive way. You feel inspired. At least I do.
There are a few poems Cherylene has written that has done just that- described my feelings and current situation and then brought light to my dark thoughts. I’ll be sharing them with you today and also why I felt a connection.
A snippet of Cherylene’s poem Breakthrough:
“…This type of existence is diminishing your significance
That self-defeating attitude is drying up your gratitude…”
My connection: Yes! The issues I am currently dealing with and how I am handling them are causing me to live a depressed existence. Keeping me from following in my life purpose which I believe is to tell my story and inspire others through my writing and other ways of creativity. To help others. I can’t begin to help others until I can help myself. This self-defeating attitude I have lately is only doing me harm.
Cherylene’s Poem I Refuse:
I refuse to be still
As you seek power over my will
I refuse to be quiet when there’s so much to say
Can’t stay silent another day
I refuse to be the victim
So that kind of thinking
I’m definitely changing
I refuse to do nothing
When I know I can do something
I refuse to accept mediocrity
As this limits who I can truly be
I refuse to let you steal my joy
Playing with it like some sort of toy
I refuse to give your negative words meaning
It’s my happiness you’re intent on stealing
I refuse to believe the lies you’ve told
In an effort to corrupt my soul
I refuse to be anyone but me
Because even in my imperfection
My life still has direction
So long as I have purpose
I will continue to focus
So you do you
And I’ll do me
In the end
I will still be free.
My connection: Usually, when i’m feeling down or hurt about something I keep quiet about it. In general I let all of my thoughts and emotions build up inside of me until I can take no more and explode. Many people have walked all over me and taken advantage of me because of this. I’ve been picked on and bullied because of this. Many people underestimate me because of this. I can continue to be silent and do nothing but i’m choosing to speak and take action. This is for my personal life and blog life. I refuse to continue my blog like this while i’m not happy with it, I refuse to be afraid of changing and losing views/follows by making a fresh start. The fresh start is needed and needs are better for us than our wants. I’m not at my best right now but my life still has direction and purpose. I will stay focused. I will be free, and happy.
A snippet of Cherylene’s Daily Post Prompt (using the word catapult) Life Challenges:
“…Just when we feel like giving up
Just when we wished the world would stop
Just when we’ve said, “enough is enough”
In come our blessings to catapult us up
Up, above and out of the strife
Up and into a better life
All we had to do was endure
All we had to do was explore
Digging deep into our core
Soon to discover we are so much more.”
My connection: I came very close to giving up many times, I’ve had to endure many things in life but usually after a very bad time a blessing follows. I believe that things will be better soon, I believe blessings are coming as long as I keep that faith and keep going, as long as I keep exploring life and digging deep into my soul.
Never give up on life or the things you truly love that serve you purpose. I add “that serve you purpose” because not everything or everyone we love should be held onto. Not everyone or everything we love is good for us but life in general is something to never give up, no matter what!
Please leave any comments you have and make sure to visit Cherylene’s blog and check out her poetry while you’re there.✨
We have reached the 3rd week of features for my 500 follower Q&A winners!
It’s crazy how fast these weeks are going by. This week I will be featuring Cherylene from LivingvsExisting.
For her first feature I want to introduce you to her blog by sharing her about me section, and some facts I’ve found while browsing her blog.
Let’s get started!
“Hello and Welcome!
My name is Cherylene. I am the mother of two amazing boys.
I have recently discovered that writing gives me a sense of joy and satisfaction that I never got doing anything else. It is a great way for me to share my thoughts on various issues and topics that I feel compelled to write about.
I am a woman who has refused to let the negativity in my life and the world at large hold me back from pursuing my dreams.
My hope and dream is to be an inspiration and motivator for others. I want my writing to reach far and wide helping others all over the world.
If you are searching for inspiration, motivation or direction I hope that you can find some here. Be prepared to dig deep because true happiness and peace of mind comes from within.”
If you have a blog that is inspirational, and motivational in some way- I usually will follow and I’ve noticed other bloggers do the same. Inspiration is inspiring so I search for it everywhere and I can tell you Cherylene’s blog will inspire you in one way or another!
As I searched for some facts to share, I found quite a bit but i’ll be sharing 10 below 🙂
- -Her favorite color is blue
- -Her favorite book is Reposition Yourself: Living Life Without Limits by T.D. Jakes (I haven’t read this book or heard of it until now but it sounds like something to check out)
- -She enjoys interior decorating
- -She was a part of a Twin and is the eldest of her 2 siblings who are also twins (Wow!)
- -Mother of 2 boys; not twins
- -She likes having freestyle rap battles with her eldest son (These are the type of moments I’d love to have with my children some day. Cherylene, you’re a wonderful mother I can tell.)
- -One of her favorite quotes is “life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.” Charles R. Swindoll
- -Top 3 places she would love to visit are Bali, London, and Paris
- -Her favorite Disney song is A Whole New World from Aladdin 🙂
- -One word she would use to describe herself: Determined (That’s a great choice and great to be determined.)
Do you follow Cherylene? If not, you should! Please visit her blog after reading.💛
Did you find any of these facts interesting like I did? The twins?! Twins are always interesting to me lol. I also love that she spends time with her son, doing fun things. I never got to do those things with either of my parents so It’s always special to see or hear about it in other families. Kind of bittersweet too but mostly beautiful.
I will be back with another feature tomorrow, and also some updates. Stay tuned.✨
Cher, please let me know if I need to correct any of the facts.