If you can not view photos in reader on the app, please try from your browser.
Happy almost Friday:)
Today I am back with another interesting interview with a lovely blogger. Laura from Lauzie’s Lifestyle. I will say that behind the scenes of this interview was full of struggles for Laura and I. Pictures weren’t attaching, I was already late sending in the questions but my notifications for her responses were also delayed. Still we managed to get it done and I just love how detailed Laura’s answers are. These kind of interviews are the best in my opinion, where you can clearly tell that the person interviewed is fully engaged. This also shows a great side of personality. I’ve grown to love doing these interviews over the past few weeks so this definitely will not be the last I do. Just the last for this series:)
Let’s get to it! Laura’s answers are in Italics.
- If you could have your own modeling agency right now, what would you name it? Lauzies Lifestyle of course!
- If you had to, would you rather wear yellow or green lipstick for a month straight? Definitely yellow. I always loved when Jennifer Lopez wore that yellow lipstick in her video for ‘Live it up’. I think it would suit my skin tone more and green reminds me of a witch or something – no offense to the colour!
- Would you do a photo shoot with 50 snakes surrounding you (non poisonous) for $50,000? If they were non-poisonous, I would happily pose with them.
- Can you name 5 public figures that inspire you?
1. Jennifer Lopez. I mention her a fair amount on my blog. She was really my childhood inspiration.2. I do not know if this will count, but I could mention many Old Hollywood stars – specifically Lauren Bacall.3. Mary-Kate and Ashley. I love that they stay true to themselves and do not seek out fame. They are very original.4. Lisa Eldridge. I have always admired her makeup work and how she launched her career. I believe she started by working in retail at Harrods.5.SJP (Sarah Jessica Parker). She grew up in a very poor household and went on to become a global style icon. Again, I admire her originality. I will also mention the late Aaliyah. She had such a unique look and didn’t give in to pressure to dress a certain way. I think for girls that do not fit the ideal current shape, they can really look to her as someone who was sexy regardless of her ‘curves.
- Do you have any modeling advice you can give? Anything you’ve learned or any tips. I am very new to the world of modelling. I suppose one thing that I realized was that signing to an agency – however credible, does not guarantee work. I know of a model who signed to the one of the biggest agencies in the world and she ended up leaving because all they ever did, was send her to free castings for test shoots. You have to treat it like a business because people will always try to take advantage. You have to have really thick skin and be prepared for people not to like your look. For general modelling tips, practice in front of a mirror and try to recreate modelling poses you see in the magazines, to figure out what comes natural to you. This is some great advice! Can’t you all agree?
- What is the healthiest meal you’ve eaten this week? This week has not been my healthiest. I did have a stir-fry though. It was flavoured tofu, noodles with lots of herbs and sesame oil, roasted broccoli and butter beans.
- Is there a photo shoot you’ve done that you was more nervous about than any other? I was really nervous about shooting video. A cinematographer asked me to be involved with his latest project and it was completely different to photographic modelling. I had to continually move, try and look relaxed whilst also conveying a character. I will be posting a snippet of it today as an Instagram throwback.
- If your blogs name couldn’t be Lauzieslifestyle, what might it be instead?
I have thought about this before and I have never been able to conjure up an alternative. Lauz and Lauzie (law-zee) is a nickname of mine and I have always loved how the term sounds next to lifestyle – which is really the main focus of my blog. Lauzie is a pretty cute nick name:)
- Is there anything you want to do in the future that others might think is crazy?
I am a huge dreamer and I live with the mindset that the sky is my limit. This alone, makes people think that I am crazy. I have big dreams to be a successful writer and business woman. I plan to learn as much as possible about things that inspire me. I don’t believing in labeling myself into one box and this shows with my career changes.
I can relate to this answer so much!
- What are the last 5 words to an inspiring poem of your choice?
I am actually going to use one of my own poems. The last 5 words are “and now my life begins”. The poem is personal and details a bad relationship where I suddenly realised that this person is no longer worth it and that it is time to move on.“No more wasting good times on bad people, pray for me as I fly high like an eagle, I wish you well, and now my life begins”. Wow, perfect choice! I love this.
- What would you say are the top 5 items needed for a simple every day makeup routine? Assuming that skincare does not count – I would say a base product (foundation, concealer etc), eyebrow product, bronzer, mascara and lipstick. These are the products that I generally use and one’s that I would always apply on a client.
- Finish this random sentence: Because of ___ I will never wear ___ again:
Because of old photographs, I will never wear a denim skirt again. Unless they somehow make a fashion comeback, I will stick to denim shorts. Aha, I’ve seen some cute ones but not many. I guess some people just know how to rock it very well. I’ve never worn a denim skirt.
- Can you attach a picture that describes your exact mood right now?
The mood is happiness and contentment. This picture is really pretty Laura! The words health and peace came to me.
- If you could choose 1 person to work out with, 1 person to do a modeling shoot with, and 1 famous writer to spend a full day with, who would they be and why?
To workout with, I would choose Shaun T who is a popular trainer and is known for his fitness programs such as Insanity. As hard as they are, working out with him would ensure the best workout possible. To do a modelling shoot with, I would choose someone like Giselle. She would make me feel insecure, but I feel that I could learn a lot. For writing, I would say an interviewer like Diane Sawyer. Someone who met a variety of people. OMG I remember Shaun T commercials Lol! That man be working out FOR REAL!
- Attach a photo of the 5th photo in your camera roll, a photo of a healthy meal you’ve eaten, and a photo of something you’ve written, could be part of a poem or whatever you wish to write, or anything you’ve done before.
AWWWW so cute!! The meal is a stew of lentils, quinoa and Bulgar wheat, carrots, chopped tomato, spinach, harissa, lots of herbs and seasoning – paprika, cumin, mixed herbs, coriander and a handful of cheese.
You’re a great writer. Your writings always take me to a deep place, mainly an inspiring place, making me think about things in my own life. I especially love your poems. I’ll be enjoying reading and being inspired by more of your work!
I hope you all enjoyed this interview and maybe even learned something from it. If you’re not already following Laura’s blog, go over and check her out! The link is posted right in the beginning:) Also, check out her Instagram while you’re at it.💙