Okay, I’m not a mother. I hope to be one day, but if I’m not a mother how can I come up with 15 signs one might be one???
The short answer to that is… I didn’t. Dakota did, from Essential Living With Dakota.💙
Dakota is the mother of 3 boys and she created this list herself, the list is actually longer but I’ve picked out 15 favorites that I definitely believe to be true by what I’ve seen so far in my own family, and with some of my friends. Here are the 15 I chose:
- Sleeping in feels like winning the lottery.
- Wearing leggings and an over sized shirt counts as dressing up.
- You use baby wipes to clean everything.
- You’re eating alone because everyone else has finished and left the table when you are finally able to sit down to eat.
- Your purse is full of legos and matchbox cars.
- You can no longer pee, or uhh #2, alone.
- It’s normal to smell another child’s butt to see if they were the ones who pooped.
- You have to say ‘do you want me to pull this van over!?’ before they know you mean business.
- You hear ‘Mommmmm’ at least 10 times before you even think about responding.
- You’re watching Disney movies and the kids have all gone to bed.
- You walk around with pieces of their breakfast on you and you don’t realize (or care)
- You can’t put on makeup without hearing ‘Do mine, Mommy! Do mineeee!’.
- You carry around a first aid kit at all times. Oh, and a snack kit.
- You hide in a closet to eat a piece of candy without having to answer a million questions.
- You feel so much love for such tiny creatures that simply looking at them brings a tear to your eye and you feel like your heart could burst watching them achieve such incredible things.
Now I don’t know about you, but parent or not I can relate to every single one of these in some way with someones kid in my family lol especially when you babysit.
Can you agree? What other signs can you come up with?
If you want to view Dakota’s full list, click here. Be sure to give a follow if you like. Thanks for stopping by.✨