Hey everyone! I am back to share another interesting interview with you all. I had the opportunity to interview 5 bloggers (on #4 now) and this week I interviewed Dakota from Essential Living With Dakota. This whole week was dedicated to her blog.
I have just one more blogger to feature next week, and then I’ll be beginning my new journey, I’m so excited yet nervous at the same time.
But enough of that, we’ll talk more about that later. Let’s get right to the interview. Dakota’s answers are in italics.
- What is your favorite thing about having only boys? The connection. They say little boys fall in love with their mama, and there’s no better feeling than when they think I’m Super Woman. Wow! That must be an amazing feeling.
- What is the toughest thing about having 3 boys? Exhaustion and I don’t have a clue what I’m doing. lol. They never sit still. We’re constantly on the move. Mentally/emotionally, I have a hard time keeping up with them because they do a lot of crap where I’m like “wtf!? Is this a boy thing or a kid thing!?” LOL! I can only imagine!
- If you had 3 daughters, what would you name them? This one is tough. My husband and I have had the same girl name for 7 years. Hannah. otherwise, I have no idea. Obviously my subconscious wants boys. but I like Avery and Rowan, too! Avery is such a pretty name, my very first best friend actually had that name.
- What are 3 boy names you like other than your sons names? Logan, Clayton, Landon.
- If you had to choose a different name for your blog, what would it be? Honestly, I have no idea. When I decided a blog was what I was going to do, Essential Living with Dakota was all that came to mind and I never looked back.
- If you had to create a new oil right this minute, what would be the first ingredient you’d grab? Frankincense! It’s the bomb dot com!
- What is your least favorite scent? In general, I don’t like floral scents. I’m more of a woodsy, citrusy, subtle chick.
- If you could combine 2 scents into one, which 2 would they be? Peppermint and Lemon! Bright, fresh, energizing! Peppermint and Lemon actually sounds very refreshing, I’d love to try that scent combo.
- If you had to choose between changing diapers every 5 minutes (literally) or putting a crying baby to sleep every 5 minutes for a whole day, which would you choose? Diapers. My mama heart aches with a screaming baby and I’ve had my fair share of crying every five minute days over the years.
- Finish this random sentence: “When my kids ____ I ____.” When my kids all play together, nicely, I thank God for a moment of sanity. Seriously guys, these kids are like velcro. I’m so thankful they want me to be a part of every little thing they do, but I’m so so thankful when they explore and use their imaginations together and let me pee in peace.
- I saw that you recently had a girls night out. What is your ideal girls night? Honestly, I don’t think I’ve ever had a girl’s night in the 6.5 years of mommin’. I’ve always felt guilty for leaving my kids. But that’s part of my promise to myself, that in order to be happy and healthy, I need to take some me time. All that to say – my ideal girls night would probably be grabbing my sister and going to get our nails done, grabbing dinner and a few drinks together. We rarely have time to catch up anymore.
- If you had to choose one of these pets for your boys, which would you choose? A hedgehog, an iguana, or a chinchilla? Uhh, none? Lol. We don’t have pets. I’m not a pet person. But Maybe one day the boys will talk me into it, so for the sake of playing a long – hedgehog!
- What is the funniest moment you can remember with your husband? Oh man, I don’t know that I can pick just one. This guy keeps me laughing. I’m so blessed to have him walk this life with me. One particular moment doesn’t stand out for me, I just get the warm fuzzies and recall lots of laughter.
- What day of the month did you get married on? (Only the number) and give 1 hint about what month it is. 17. Warm! Hmmm, can any of you guess which month it is???
- Can you draw a football, a bottle of oil, and a strawberry? (I picked items relating to boys, your Instagram, and blog) The drawings don’t have to be perfect, this is for fun. Be sure to take a picture of your drawings and attach. clearly I am no artist!
Lol I’m thinking my own drawings would look very similar.
I hope you all enjoyed reading Dakota’s answers. Do any of you have a son? Can you relate to any of Dakota’s answers? Comment below.✨