It’s finally here! I’ve been working on this for about 2 weeks and I couldn’t decide if I wanted it to be an award, a challenge, a tag or what. So indecisive as usual. I was very nervous about sharing this with you all, checking it over and over to make sure it was exactly how I wanted. I guess I was being a bit of a perfectionist, and worrying about creating something many of you would like. It took me a while to come up with a name but it finally came to me so here we are, the first Golden Blogger Pass!
Well, what is it?
Before we begin, I want to say that this is not about my favorite bloggers or what blogs I think are the best. If your blog is posted you are one of the bloggers (I only did 2) I have seen most in my notifications recently, leaving your lovely comments. I appreciate EVERYONE’S love/support❤️ but for this pass I only want to have 2-3 “nominees.”
Creators Message/Message From Lee @GoldenPinkJournal
I created this “pass” as a way to engage with bloggers and help others find blogs they might be interested in. Now of course it can’t just be ANY blog, you can think of this like a special “invitation.” The only way to be invited is to be a frequent blogger. I didn’t want it to be exactly like the other amazing awards/tags here in the WordPress community already, but I also didn’t want it to be too different and difficult to understand. I put a lot of thought, time, and heart into this pass and it would really mean a lot to see it go far and have many bloggers participating. Please try not to pass to anyone it has already been passed to. If anyone can help me come up with a way of keeping track of this for everyone to see, please let me know.
Here are the rules:
- Always include creators message & image
- Thank the person you got the pass from
- Answer the golden questions/tasks
- Choose 2-3 bloggers to give the pass to (this person must be a frequent blogger with no less than 4 posts a month) and share link to their blogs
- Post a screenshot of their blogs homepage. You can use mobile or desktop device. For desktop device try pressing the “Windows logo key + PrtScn/r. The file should automatically be saved to your pictures in a new folder titled “Screenshots” (if you are unable to screenshot for whatever reason, share a link to their most recent post)
- Share link to a post of theirs that you recommend others to read. Give a brief description of that post or why you recommend that post.
- Ask them each 1 unique question (about themselves or their blog)
- Add “Golden Blogger Pass” to the tags when publishing
(I am going to also be answering them to start it off. Please delete this note and my answers when you do yours. Your answers do not have to be as long as mine.)
- How long have you been blogging? I have been blogging since January 2017.
- How frequently do you post? Do you have a blogging schedule? Right now I do not have a set blogging schedule but I do post frequently. I’ve actually been posting daily lately.
- Have you ever been invited to anything special? Hmm, back in middle and high school, if you had perfect attendance for a certain amount of time or honor roll (grades all A’s and B’s) you’d get invited to a pizza or ice cream party. I was invited many times… I really wanted some pizza and ice cream! Lol.
- Would you make blogging your profession or is there something else you want to have as your career? I definitely would make blogging my profession. It’s something I really love doing, I have control over what I post, and it can help me with my growth as a writer. Some day I wish to publish my first book, or direct/produce a play/tv show.
- Post a link to your favorite post or the post with the most likes (of your own) and give a brief description about it: I couldn’t decide between A Writer’s Worst Enemy & Meet Izabelle so I chose them both. A Writer’s Worst Enemy is about writers block and I list almost 20 ways to take the enemy out! I’m positive you’ll find something that helps. I think this is one of my best written, well structured posts so please check it out. Meeting Izabelle, is a post where I am introducing my new cat and the story of how we got her. It had to be meant to be! You’ll have to read to know how.
- Tell us what type of posts you’re most likely to read/blogs you’re most likely to follow: I’m most likely to read and follow blogs that share similar interests with me. I really like inspirational posts, DIYs, Fashion, Lifestyle and many others as our blogging community is so diverse! I’ll follow any blog that shows support to my own, and has a nice clean layout with content that can capture and keep my attention.
- Give 1 great blogging tip/advice: Find your own voice and style and go with it! Don’t try to post what everyone else is posting, or mass follow people just to gain followers. You’re not really going to grow that way. People will notice when you have original content, and when you’re just trying to copy what’s trending at the moment. If you’re just mass following people, chances are half won’t follow back and the ones that do might not even read your posts. You need to have all those ghost followers for what reason? …(cue the crickets)
I am passing this pass to…???
Living On My Own In My 20s is a post I would recommend you all reading on Jo’s blog. She gives a descriptive list of the things she has learned while living on her own, in her 20s. I Like this post and can relate to it since I recently got my own apartment for the first time, and I am 23 years old. I agree with majority of her list.
My Unique Question For You: Would you rather live in a mansion with 10 other people, or a small apartment alone?
Study Tips Now is the time everyone in school is testing, doing exams, and even getting ready for graduation for some. In light of that, I’ve linked Bea’s post giving great studying tips. So don’t worry if you have no clue where to begin or how to stay focused while studying because she’s got you covered!
My Unique Question For You: When did you decide to start your “Get To Know” blogger series, and how did you go about setting it up?
-I’m looking forward to seeing your responses and how far this pass can go. Take your time, and as always never feel obligated to do this. Let me know in the comments what you think about the pass and if you would be happy to accept if someone chooses you.-