(Photo from Live Happy Magazine)
While every day should be a day to celebrate happiness, March 20th for many is the official International Day of Happiness. The celebration was introduced in 2012 and celebrated for the first time in 2013 as a way to recognize the importance of happiness in the lives of people around the world, and a reminder that it does not have to come from materialistic things. Happiness can come in the form of friendship, family, health, and emotional well being.
Don’t worry, be happy! No matter where you are in life and what your situation may be.
So today I have a challenge. How many of you can come up with a list of 20 things that make you happy? That’s right- 20! The list can not include money, or getting new/nice things (materialistic) If you accept this challenge repost this or create your own post with your list. Here is mine:
20 Things That Make Me Happy:
- Smiling/Seeing smiling faces
- Giving or receiving compliments
- Reaching goals
- A night sky full of stars
- Alone time when I need it
- Being with true friends/family
- A newborn baby
- Feeling full of energy
- Knowing I’ve helped or inspired someone
- Visiting new places
- Waking up every morning because one day you won’t be able to.
- Coming together on the holidays
- Knowing that I can be comfortable in my skin and feel beautiful and worthy
- Uplifting and seeing people uplift others instead of putting each other down
I did it! Can you? If you don’t think you can come up with 20 things that make you happy, how about a list of 20 positive quotes?