I wanted to start a “Fun Friday” series on my blog but couldn’t decide what to start with. I was reading through my first few posts about naming things, and having baby fever which gave me an idea for my first Fun Friday post!
Names I love, but wouldn’t choose for a baby👶🏽🤔
This has also been a trend on YouTube. You can search “baby names I love but won’t be using” or “10 names I love but won’t be using” a ton will come up! I’m into names that are cute and unique, not too common but also not too different. I also have a thing for “A” names.
Here is my list- I’ll start with girl names💖
- Ava- I really love this name because it’s short and sweet. It has a really nice sound when you say it but it’s so popular! That is why I wouldn’t choose this name. Maybe a variation could be Eva or Avalyn?
- Aria- Another short, sweet sounding name. I first found a love for this name when Pretty Little Liars TV series came out. This name has also become popular, but not as much as Ava.
- Arabella- Beautiful baby girl name! Sounds like she’d be a princess. I wouldn’t use this name because “Bella” is again, too common and also because there is already a baby girl close in the family with that name.
- Alana- This is just a name I’ve always liked since I was a kid. I couldn’t see one of my daughters with the name though.
- Maraiah/Mireya- Another name I’ve liked since I was a kid but it’s too close to Mariah, which is still a pretty name but eh. Mireya also means Miracle.
- Amira- I love this name but probably wouldn’t choose it. Not sure. It has a pretty sound and is a name for Princess.
- Aniyah- This is one of the first names I said I would name my daughter if I have one. Now, probably not lol only because I like other names better.
- Anastasia- Don’t we all love this name? Any of us that are into princesses. I wouldn’t choose this name because it’s just too long for me and also… it’s my ex’s ex girlfriends name. Which would be a little weird to me lol.
- Ariella- I like this name instead of Ariel. But again it has that popular “Ella” end. I sound very picky😂
- Halona- I like this name for the meaning, of happy fortune. It sounds okay too.
- Hayden- I like this name but it’s too close to Jayden. I would possibly use it for a middle name.
- Hope- Another name I like but would probably only use for a middle name.
- Julia- Pretty sounding name but I couldn’t see myself using it.
- Haleina- This name is a name I found from a YouTuber I watch.
- Nova- I think it would make a nice name for a baby girl, it means new; young. But she won’t always be young. I also think of supernova but that has to do with stars lol.
- Sofia- I love this name but I’d rather use it for a pet lol. Or a middle name.
- Paisley and Haisley- I think this would be cute for twin girls.
- Aerilyn- I have no clue where I got this name from lol it sounds peaceful, like fresh air or something, idk..
- Traeh- Pronounced (Tré-ya) I’ve only seen this name used once and it’s another YouTubers name that I watch. It is heart spelled backwards. Remember when Nevaeh (heaven backwards) became a bit popular?
That’s all for the girls💖
Here is my list for boy names💙
- Andre/Aundre- Since I love A names this would be a perfect name… if it wasn’t too common.
- Rowan- I like it, not too common not too different. I just couldn’t see it for my son.
- Landon- Becoming very popular.
- Carter- Another popular one, but I would probably use this as a middle name.
- Nathan- Simple but nice. Unfortunately a guy I was involved with has that name.
- Elijah/Alijah- I like it with the A.
- Isaiah- I like this more for a middle name.
- Jayden- This name can be used for boy or girl but is way too common. I have a baby cousin (girl) with the name but spelled “Jaedyn” which is really cute.
- August- If he is born in August maybe.
- Caden- Kind of common.
- Azavier- I saw someone mention this name instead of Xavier, I think it’s pretty cool but just not for me.
- Marcellus- I like how this one sounds but I’m not a fan of M names for boys.
- Andriel- Instead of Adrian or Andre, how about Andriel?
- Aiden- We all know this is a common name lol
- Alaric- I couldn’t see myself ever naming my son this but I really like it. I first heard it on The Vampire Diaries.
- Aris- Love this name! A friend of mine chose this one already though.
- Arlo- Cute sound, short, A. But I think I like it best for a pet.
- Ezra- This is another name I got from Pretty Little Liars.
- Idris- I couldn’t name my baby after a celebrity but If you don’t know who the famous Idris is (Idris Elba)… look him up 🍫
- Reese/Reece- Really nice name just not my favorite
That’s all for both my lists💖💙
Some of the names will not be on the list because they are names I might choose if I do have children one day☺️
If you see your name or your child’s name like and comment below. Which names from my list are your favorites? If you enjoyed reading this, create your own list✨
Until next time, love Lee.